Monday, November 7, 2011

In The Sky

My latest trip to Tampa, Florida coincided with the annual Airfest at MacDill Air Force Base. My timing couldn't have been better. This show - in past years - had been held in March and when I was here at the time, I was disappointed to learn the show had been moved to November. The show draws big crowds and the highlight - for me - featured the United States Air Force Thunderbirds precision flying team. I put this photo through my special post-production soup (not Photoshop - I don't use it) and came up with something I like very much. Click on the pic to see a larger version - that goes for all the pictures.



A lot of Top-Gun dreams of flying fighter jets are born at airshows like the annual Airfest at MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida. The start of the show was delayed 35 minutes because the F-16's had to wait until a flock of turkey buzzards cleared the area.



It's awesome to see these F-16 fighter jets fly in formation. These jets - the Fighting Falcon/Viper - can attain a top speed of 1500 miles per hour. Over 4,000 of these jets have been made and 25 countries have stocked their respective air forces with this model.





No comments: