Wednesday, May 13, 2009

L.A. Times Use of My Picture



It was a nice surprise to see the Los Angeles Times using my photo of twilight at Dodger Stadium - shot in September of 2005 - to help illustrate a story about ... Twilight at Dodger Stadium. (Scroll down to see the smaller version of my pic in the story). I'd sent this picture into the public photo section where anybody can upload pictures on myriad topics. There's no payment for those shots - just the "thrill" of seeing your picture online. Little did I know the paper would use any of those photos to flesh out actual stories. I don't know if this picture was used in the newsstand version of the paper. Since they raised the price to 75 cents a day I stopped buying it and only read the free online version of the Times. And thus, you have one of the reasons why many newspapers are struggling to stay afloat.

No comments: