Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Barclays Center in Brooklyn













I was going to update the construction of Brooklyn's new Barclays Center - the future home of the New Jersey Nets - once a month. I started back in April but found that the place - due to open in September of 2012 - didn't look much different in May.



So here on the first day of Summer 2011, I went back and walked around the entire construction site to get different looks.



The 2nd and 3rd photos show they are preparing the seating foundation in the upper section of the arena. It's right there in picture two under the water tower. The 3rd shot - from across the street upstairs in the mall through glass, shows the seating foundation even better.



Back on the street in picture 4, I wanted to get the overall perspective from Atlantic Avenue with the lights from traffic whizzing by.



Most of these photos were taken on a 5 to 8 second timer and the camera was placed on anything flat and solid I could find (I really should start carrying my small tripod again) so I could use my lowest ISO of 80 to get a steady shot.



In two of the lower photos you can clearly see the famous landmarked One Hanson Place clock tower. The art-deco style building has been around since 1927.



In a couple of months I'll be back to follow the progress of the construction. September 2012 is still a long way off.

No comments: