Monday, September 10, 2012

A Slice of New York Life

I didn't expect to see anything like this scene being played out in a Williamsburg, Brooklyn bar when I was walking from the subway to check out a local guitar show.  But the tattooed ladies are very much into this game of JENGA.
The name JENGA was derived from a Swahili word meaning "to build"
There is a great variety of subjects to photograph ... if you look around.  But you gotta be quick to get these butterflies!
An old red truck will always catch my camera's eye!
The curvy bodies of expensive guitars catch the eye of Brooklyn Bowl Guitar Show attendees
I used a window on the water taxi to frame this shot of midtown Manhattan
The sun shines on the Williamsburg Bridge.  I was on a NYC water taxi after it left the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn when I took this shot.
The day AFTER the crazy weather in New York City - including two low-grade tornadoes - the skies were dotted with puffy clouds on a calm, cool afternoon.

No comments: