Friday, December 16, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

My first shot is the "beauty" view of this fountain across from the downtown Los Angeles Music Center complex. Great colors - reminds me of frozen pop bars. But when you look at the photo below, you'll see I had to crop out a less-than-attractive parts of the image.


The fountain is located above the ugly "beast -like" parking garage and leaving that part of the image in the frame detracts from the scene created in one's mind when you look at any water display. Whatever that picture is in your head, I'm sure parking structures are not included.



This has nothing to do with the fountain matter but it could fit the "beauty' theme. These ladies were headed to a party in downtown Los Angeles with a 1920's motif. I guess even women had facial hair in those days. They were happy to pose for a portrait.





No comments: