Tuesday, December 1, 2009

While Out West

While in southern California for the Thanksgiving holiday, I got out and around to photograph some favorite subjects.








Here's a lighthouse at Marina Del Rey. I waited for the birds to fly into the scene to add some interest. I'm a big fan of the color blue, so this worked out just right.





I also photographed my first NFL game: San Diego hosting Kansas City. Here's star Chargers' running back Ladanian Tomlinson scoring a touchdown as he led his team to a one-sided win. It's sunny here, but it was hard to shoot this game because of the big shadow spots covering the field that made getting the right exposure between the bright sun and the shadows very tough. In this case, a nice cloudy day would have been better for getting consistent shots.

No comments: