Monday, June 1, 2009

The Last Leg of the Journey

Zipping through a tunnel in Pennsylvania as I head towards New York - after a night's stay in Carlisle, PA. I have less than 150 miles to drive until I reach Brooklyn. But my furniture won't arrive until Friday - I hope - so I'll be in the sleeping bag for a few days.
While on the road Sunday I came across to giant displays which, according to their backers, are the world's largest of their kind.
In Effingham, Illinois - where I-57 and I-70 meet, we have The Cross. 198 feet high and 113 feet wide. It was erected by people who wanted to inspire the 30,000 to 50,00o motorists who pass it daily.
And in Centerville, Indiana - the world's largest candle (or at least a replica) stands as part of the Warm Glow Candle Outlet on I-70. It's about the size of a small farm silo.
And they say things are only big in Texas!
As usual, click on the pictures to make them BIG.


No comments: