Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lenny Kravitz in Concert

Lenny Kravitz and his longtime guitarist, Craig Ross, put on a show at New York's Radio City Music Hall. It's a homecoming for Kravitz who was born in Brooklyn. This is his first U.S. tour in five years.
From my fifth row seat, I was able to shoot a variety of photos since the lighting was always changing.
Lenny Kravitz made it easy for all of us who were shooting pictures (seemingly every one in attendance!) as he made many broad gestures like this one throughout his two hour performance. It wasn't that long ago that each and every ticket proclaimed: NO CAMERAS ALLOWED.
It was fun to try to take advantage of the multi-media aspects of the concert when Kravitz took certain positions on the stage.
This is one of the risky shots I tried as shooting into that bright light made the auto-focus on my camera go nuts and fight to find a lock-in point. This is one of those pictures that I'll keep trying to make until I get it right!

No comments: